7 Myths About Hypnosis You Need to Stop BelievingSeptember 28, 2022
For millions of individuals, anxiety is an ever-present reality. While some find that their anxious thoughts and feelings ebb and flow, others struggle with overwhelming anxiety that can make even the simplest tasks seem impossible.
Though it is often assumed that anxiety is simply a result of stress or worry, the reality is that anxiety is rooted in unresolved childhood trauma for many people – which can include anything from abuse and neglect to witnessing violence or experiencing a significant loss – can have a profound and lasting impact on an individual’s mental, emotional and physical health.
In fact, research has shown that childhood trauma is one of the most significant risk factors for developing anxiety in adulthood. While it may seem impossible to overcome, there is a path that offers real hope.
Let’s take a closer look at how childhood memories and trauma can impact anxiety levels in later years – and how Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT hypnosis) can be a promising modality to consider.
The Link Between Anxiety and Childhood Trauma
Childhood trauma can take many different forms, but all types of trauma have the potential to cause long-lasting damage. Traumatic experiences can overwhelm a child’s ability to cope, leading to feelings of anxiety, fear, helplessness, and isolation that can continue into adulthood.
While significant events and experiences are the most apparent causes of trauma, it’s important to note that, in addition, when our fundamental needs as children are unmet that also can be the root cause of anxiety because the world feels like a dangerous place. Those unmet needs can be our deepest wounds that as adults will shape our lives, our decisions, the way we live and love.
The 6 Unmet Needs of Children and How They Can Affect You in Adulthood
- Love: A lack of love or nurturing in childhood can be just as damaging as physical abuse. A child who does not feel loved or valued will create beliefs that they are unlovable or undeserving of love and they are more likely to experience feelings of insecurity, anxiety, and worthlessness and have difficulty forming healthy relationships later in life.
- Connection: A sense of connection is crucial for a child’s development. When children feel disconnected from their caregivers, they may develop attachment issues that can lead to anxiety and depression.
- Safety: A feeling of safety, security and protection is essential for a child to thrive. If a child does not feel safe in their environment – whether due to physical or emotional abuse, neglect, or exposure to violence – they may develop anxiety or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Significance: Every child needs to feel valued and significant. When a child does not feel like they matter, they may develop low self-esteem, confidence issues, and anxiety.
- Being Seen & Heard: It is vital that a child feels seen and heard or as adults they’ll feel people are not noticing them or listening to them.
- Praised & Celebrated: It is important for a child to be praised and celebrated for who they are. A lack of validation can lead to feelings of invisibility, insecurity, anxiety, and not feeling enough.
While any one or several of these unmet needs can lead to stress, anxiety, and trauma, it’s important to remember that it is often the result of multiple experiences and factors. The more trauma a child experiences, the greater the risk of developing anxiety in adulthood.
Unlock Your Healing with RTT
Fortunately, Rapid Transformational Therapy can be the missing piece that can offer you many mental, emotional, and physical health benefits.
RTT is a powerful form of hypnosis that can help you overcome anxiety. It combines the best elements of traditional hypnosis, neuro-linguistic programming (NLP), and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to help you rapidly achieve lasting results.
During a RTT session, you will work with a certified RTT hypnotist who will guide you into a deep state of relaxation, where you can access the subconscious mind and identify the events from your past that are the underlying causes of your anxiety.
In the session, you will be able to release the emotions and limiting beliefs that keep you trapped in the vicious cycle of anxiety.
Rapid Transformational Therapy offers incredible benefits for those struggling with anxiety, but first you must find a hypnotherapist you can trust.
At Heartfelt Wellness Hypnosis, I specialize in implementing RTT’s most beneficial principles to help you hit the reset button and finally break free from your mental prison.
My Anxiety Relief Program offers an integrative, nine-week transformative journey to help you reprogram and rewire your subconscious mind to release anxiety and develop a new sense of safety and security in the world with peace of mind and more confidence.
I will guide you through a series of Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT) sessions and together, we will discover and clear the barriers that are holding you back and help you to finally achieve the emotional freedom you deserve.
If you’re ready to take the first step towards overcoming your anxiety, I invite you to schedule a free discovery call today.
You’re just 1 decision away from having a better life!
Elizabeth Valdez, CHt. is a Certified RTT Hypnotist with over 20 years of experience helping clients find freedom from anxiety using a multidisciplinary approach which includes Rapid Transformational Therapy, classical homeopathy, mindset coaching, and FasterEFT.
As the founder of Heartfelt Wellness Hypnosis, Elizabeth was recently voted “Best Hypnotherapist” in 2020 by Reader’s Choice Awards.